How you can help

Support Hull Women's Aid


  • online using CAF - click to  go to the secure website
  • through deductions from your salary - ask your employer about Give As You Earn (if your employer does not currently operate a scheme and would like to do so contact CAF for more information)
  • by post - our address is HWA, PO Box 557, Hull, HU5 2YB. If you are a tax payer, please consider using our Gift Aid form
  • we are always grateful for gifts of food, toiletries, good quality women's/children's clothing and toys so if you have items that may be suitable please contact HWA on 01482 474133 or email us using the contact form on the Contact Us page. Alternatively, you can drop items off at our shop on Chanterlands Avenue.

HWA claims Gift Aid whenever possible so please complete a Gift Aid form if you are willing and eligible for your donations to be increased by HWA claiming Gift Aid.  You will need to give your name and address.  Click here to find out more about Gift Aid and other ways of charitable giving.

Volunteer or become a trustee

  • if you think you could help by fundraising
  • if you feel you have relevant specialist skills that you could offer
  • if you would like to become a trustee please click here for more information
  • please contact HWA on 01482 474133 or email using the Contact Us page.


A donation of £10 will buy some new pyjamas and toiletries for a child coming into the refuge.

A donation of £15 will buy a moving out pack with essential cleaning items for women leaving the refuge to set up a new home.

A donation of £15 will buy a welcome pack for a family coming into the refuge

A donation of £30 will buy fresh fruit and vegetables for all the women and children living in the refuge.

A donation of £100 will pay for a day out for children during the school holidays.


Like and share our FB Facebook posts and Twitter Tweets